Dallas unpaid wages lawyers help employees in Dallas, Texas and surrounding cities to recover unpaid wages for work. Employees in Dallas, Texas sometimes try to take advantage of employees by not paying wages for all hours worked or paying a rate below what is agreed or required by law. This may include not paying minimum wage, overtime pay, earned tips or other wages. If you believe your employer has not paid wages due for work then you should contact unpaid wage lawyers in Dallas, Texas to help you recover what you earned.
Unpaid wages lawyers in Dallas, Texas for minimum wage and overtime pay claims
Unpaid wages lawyers understand that an employer that does not pay you for your work can leave you in a dire financial situation. You put in the work and deserve to be paid the lawful, agreed wages. Dallas, Texas employees must be paid minimum wage and overtime pay if they are nonexempt employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act. An employer who fails to pay minimum wage or overtime pay owed under the Fair Labor Standards Act is liable to the employee for unpaid wages, attorney’s fees and court costs, as possibly liquidated damages. Common ways employers violate the Fair Labor Standards Act include:
- Not paying minimum wage for each hour worked in the workweek
- Making employees work hours without pay which results in the employee’s hourly rate falling below minimum wage
- Not paying overtime pay for hours worked over forty
- Paying less than the required rate of pay for overtime pay
- Taking tips from tipped employees that results in payment of less than minimum wages for hourly pay
- Misclassifying employees as salaried, exempt employees or independent contractors to avoid overtime pay
Dallas unpaid wages lawyers help clients recover unpaid minimum wage and overtime pay in Dallas, Texas.
Dallas unpaid wages lawyers for unpaid wages, bonuses and other compensation
Not all unpaid wage claims in Dallas, Texas come from minimum wage or overtime pay. Dallas unpaid wage lawyers helps clients recover wages, bonuses and other compensation beyond minimum wage and overtime pay. Many employees receive compensation through salary, bonuses, premiums and hourly rates above minimum wage. You have the right to receive pay at the agreed rate for your work as well. If your employer refuses to pay you work on the agreed compensation rate then you have the right to recover unpaid compensation under Texas law. You can recover unpaid wages and potentially attorney’s fees, liquidated damages, punitive damages and other relief. These claims may include:
- Failure to pay paychecks at the end of employment
- Docking salary pay for partial day absences
- Failure to pay earned bonuses or stock awards
- Refusing to pay reimbursements for business expenses
- Failure to pay salary at the agreed rate
- Failure to pay hourly wages for all hours worked
- Changing bonus structures after performing work to qualify for the bonus
Dallas unpaid wages lawyers help clients recover for these unpaid wages, bonuses and other compensation through Texas law claims including breach of contract, fraud and other common law claims.